2010/12/16

Uncle Nick's Coupe d’état

Uncle Nick and I had a marathon Skype session of eight hours last night, well, actually my night and his day. I know by now, that when telling him things, I should think carefully beforehand as to how and what I exactly tell him. His reactions often reminds me of a scientific experiment gone wrong; you innocently add two elements together, but instead of seeing a nice satisfactory glow and shouting "Eureka!', you are left standing with most likely a singed bottom, totally shell shocked in a burnt out room.

To be fair, no one can blame me. It cannot be expected from me to maintain sense and sensibility during a period where I saw the sun setting in the west and rising in the east, without any closure of eyelids in between. As such, it did result in me telling him something that really should have rather been left unsaid.  

With a disaster of note looming, I pleaded, cajoled, even had a little temper tantrum, but overall, it came down to some serious grovelling and begging. To my utter amazement, he finally did relent and I heaved a huge sigh of relief, having had averted what would have been a very embarrassing situation. I even thanked him, deeply and sincerely.

I should have known better, I really, REALLY should have KNOWN better, but I never even entertained the idea that he was only taking a slight breather, and that he was going to come back and leave me standing in that damn burnt out room, wondering what the hell just happened. Pardon me for not writing a full account about Uncle Nick's coupe d’état, but I am still having serious heart palpitations when just even thinking about it, never mind writing about it.

But here is the deal; in exchange for him being so "generous and kind", and not doing something that would leave me embarrassed to the bone, I am to record the audio of the next punishment session scheduled! Can anyone please explain to me, what went wrong...no, forget about that...more importantly, can anyone please tell me, how on earth am I going to get out of this one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL....I have some audio you can use and pretend it is you. :P

Although, I suspect that that might make things worse.

Raven Red said...

Miss Pink

Thanks for the offer!

We can always blame the American accent versus the Afrikaans accent on poor recording equipment??

Okay...fine, it will not work...sigh

LOL!

Hugs

Raven

Creative Commons License
Raven Red by Raven Red is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.