2010/12/30

Corners

The definition of a corner is the position at which two lines, surfaces, or edges meet and form an angle. There is nothing spectacular about a corner, in fact, is downright dull and boring. I am an intelligent woman, dull and boring does not go well with me, in fact, I downright avoid anything that is dreary and tedious! So, why then this intent to put me in a corner?


It is a punishment I am advised, for you to stay there for a period, facing the wall, contemplating your sins. Staring at a wall will make me contemplate my sins...yeah right. I would be looking at the wall, at the white flatness surrounding me, wondering if I still have paint left, something that is bright and sunny in colour. If I have to stand facing a wall, let there at least be colour...


 It is for you to reflect on your actions, thinking about the punishment that will follow, I am told. Well, one thing is for certain, on reflection regarding the new colour scheme, I would come to a firm decision that the new painted room will not be in any shade of red or pink. If I then HAVE to think about the upcoming session where my bottom will be heated up creating a canvas of deep shades of red, let me at least not stare at the same colour.


 It is a time-out I am informed, to separate me from a very explosive environment where "inappropriate behaviour" has occurred, and it is intended to give me time to calm down...An erroneous take on my "inappropriate behaviour" would have resulted in this little issue in the first place. THEN on top of it, I am ordered into a bland, soulless corner? That would not be calming me down...in fact; I will most probably be plotting various versions of how to exact my revenge...in the finest details...


You will not be allowed to fidget, or move a muscle...your bottom will be bare, waiting for me, I am notified. I am not to fidget, nor move a muscle, whilst staring at the bleakness of walls for an undetermined time? Great! Next time we are in a long queue at the supermarket, with feet tapping away impatiently, annoyance being voiced because of the required wait in ONE position for a miniscule amount of time, I will gently draw the parallel. Movement is allowed to alleviate cramping muscles in the legs or lower back, an itch can be scratched, and at least a bottom is COVERED...


But deep in my soul I know, that when time seemed to have stretched into eternity, and I am asked to come out of the corner, and stand in front of him, I would admit that I that I was wrong. For I would have thought about what I have done, and in the reflection there upon, would have realised that irresponsible and wilful actions always do have consequences, and do cause harm and hurt, mostly to myself.


I would acknowledge that it was an act of love, one that allowed me to contemplate, consider, and conquer my anger that so many times created worse situations than what it should have been. I know, standing in a corner, staring at a wall, that might or might not be another colour than white, that when I am called, I will crawl over his lap, with no objection, no defiance, offering my bared bottom to him, in full acceptance of who I am and in what I have become.    

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dread the corner, too. It seems so silly and arbitrary and I enter it with a reluctant attitude that borders on petulance.

Like you, though, I emerge thankful for the time to get myself grounded and breathe. I grudgingly admit it serves its purpose.

Brett said...

I can only imagine that standing in a corner like that must be a strange experience, at least the first time, and knowing you are being asked to stand there because of your behavior and attitude. I'm sure it must be as boring as you've described, and fairly humbling to endure. But then it's good to hear that, with perspective, you can appreciate the method and its benefit to you.

From my perspective, seeing her in the positions you show and describe is a lovely sight. If a woman is very independent-minded, and her emotions have been out-of-control, the corner represents a profound surrender and trust in the disciplinarian.

Raven Red said...

Miss Pink,

I believe I am the worst person where a corner is concerned. Everything in me screams in absolute horror at the very idea, with my temper shortly following shortly thereafter...

But, as you said, it is rather GRUDGINGLY that I know, it works. I suppose in rather the same way when vegetables you HATE are forced down your throat as a child...it is awful, but it is good for you...

sigh....

Hugs

Raven

Raven Red said...

Brett

I fully agree with what you are saying, however cornertime tends to bring out the worst in me, before it does the best in me..

Fairly humbling in the beginning is only experienced as humiliating, and I react very defensive when I feel I am being humiliated. I do, as I ever so often have stated, possess quite a temper.

But it is normally my temper that lands me up in hot water to start off with, and being put in a corner to cool down, does allow for time where rational thinking returns.

As Miss Pink so rightly states, it gives you a chance to be grounded and earthed again. (although you can see that both of us are definitely not the biggest fans..)

Hugs

Raven

Creative Commons License
Raven Red by Raven Red is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.