2011/04/02

Sleeping Sun

I do not have a lot to say this morning
For I found the words in a song of my favourite group
I miss him, and at times, I want to curl up in a ball
But in my hurt and resentment of being separated
I become rebellious, stroppy and go out of my way
Wanting an argument - like last night.

At least my ticket is booked - 4 months to go, for nearly 7 weeks of time only with him.



The sun is sleeping quietly
Once upon a century
Wistful oceans calm and red
Ardent caresses laid to rest
For my dreams I hold my life
For wishes I behold my night
The truth at the end of time
Losing faith makes a crime

I wish for this night time
 to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me
Shores of a solar sea
Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
Sleeping
 Weeping
With you

Sorrow has a human heart
From my god it will depart
I'd sail before a thousand moons
Never finding where to go
Two hundred twenty-two days of light 
Will be desired by a night
A moment for the poet's play
Until there's nothing left to say

I wish for this night-time
to last for a lifetime
The darkness around me
Shores of a solar sea
Oh how I wish to go down with the sun
Sleeping
Weeping
With you

(Copyright/Source: Nightwish)

2 comments:

Velvet said...

Being apart is so difficult, at times it tears me apart and rocks my faith in my relationship with M. Sometimes I feel that the times when we are apart I only barely exist, waiting for the times when we are US and I come alive again. I really feel for you Raven, love and hugs,
Velvet <3 xxx

Raven Red said...

Velvet, thank you so much for kind words. I do miss him terribly, and with all my friends that are no longer in South Africa, he has become my pillar. It is just at times, I would want more than a voice in my ear, or a face on a computer screen..

Creative Commons License
Raven Red by Raven Red is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.